About the Legal Department
The mission of Olympia's Legal department is to provide an effective and proactive legal program to accomplish the general objectives of the City, to ensure proper legal implementation of City policies, and to legally defend City actions.
The Legal Department has two divisions - General Counsel, located at Olympia City Hall and Prosecution, located at the Lee Creighton Justice Center.
City Attorney's Office (General Counsel)
- Mark Barber, City Attorney
- Annaliese Harksen, Deputy City Attorney
- Michael M. Young, Deputy City Attorney
- Kari Pitharoulis, Paralegal II
- Amber Coleman, Paralegal I
City Prosecutor's Office
- R. Tye Graham, Chief Prosecutor
- Bryanna Pinkston, Assistant Prosecutor II
- Rosemary F. Hewitson, Assistant Prosecutor I
- Beth Hislop, Victim Assistance Coordinator
- Amanda Nikander, Program Assistant