Meetings during COVID-19
All boards and commissions will be holding their meetings online until further notice. You can register to attend the Zoom meetings using a link posted in the meeting agendas.
The Olympia Planning Commission (OPC) was formed in 1935 to advise the City Council on the long range growth and development of Olympia, including changes to the City's land use regulations. The OPC conducts public hearings and other forums throughout the year to seek public input on items under their consideration.
The Olympia Planning Commission meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month, at 6:30 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 207, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2021 Meeting Dates
- January 11 (2nd Monday)
- January 25 (4th Monday)
- February 8 (2nd Monday)
- February 22 (4th Monday)
- March 1 (1st Monday)
- March 15 (3rd Monday)
- April 5 (1st Monday)
- April 19 (3rd Monday)
- May 3 (1st Monday)
- May 17 (3rd Monday)
- June 7 (1st Monday)
- June 21 (3rd Monday)
- July 19 (3rd Monday)
- August 2 (1st Monday)
- August 16 (3rd Monday)
- September 20 (3rd Monday)
- October 4 (1st Monday)
- October 18 (3rd Monday)
- November 1 (1st Monday)
- November 15 (3rd Monday)
- December 6 (1st Monday)
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Candi Millar, Chair - term ends 2022
- Paula Ehlers - term ends 2022
- Carole Richmond - term ends 2021
- Rad Cunningham - term ends 2021
- Tammy Adams - term ends 2023
- Aaron Sauerhoff, Vice Chair - term ends 2023
- Tracey Carlos – term ends 2022
- Zainab Nejati – term ends 2024
- Greg Quetin – term ends 2023
- Nine (9) members, of which a majority must be residents of the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Planning Commissioners also serve as liaisons to several other City advisory committees.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
To aid the full Commission in preparing recommendation to the City Council, members of this subcommittee review the annual update of the City’s Capital Facilities Plan in detail.
Contact Staff Liaison, Cari Hornbein, at 360.753.8048, or firstname.lastname@example.org