In 2016, the City purchased 72 acres on Boulevard Road. The intent was to preserve 59 acres for park property, use 3 acres for the future extension of Log Cabin Road to Wiggins Road, and develop the 10 acres at 3900 Boulevard Road into multi-family housing and neighborhood-oriented commercial use.
Elements of a successful project: Our vision...
- Housing for a mix of income levels with emphasis on median-income families.
- Environmental sustainability in development, design, and construction.
- Support and participation by the existing neighborhoods in the design and development of the project.
- Quality design that reflects the character of the surrounding area.
- Inclusion of a neighborhood commercial and community benefit element is encouraged.
- Performance and timeliness of the developer/builder is critical.
The City is seeking a well-qualified developer with an established track record of delivering high quality and affordable housing options for the development of the 10 acre parcel. Four parties submitted proposals by the RFQ deadline. You can view each below.
You can review each of the RFQ submittals below. You can also view the RFQ Response Review presentation to City Council from March 3.
RFQ Timeline (Tentative)
- RFQ available: Monday, Jan. 6, 2020 by 5 pm
- Interested respondents site tour: Wednesday, January 15 at 2. More information coming soon.
- RFQ due: Monday, Feb. 3, 4 p.m.
- Notification of short list respondents: Monday, Feb. 17
- Council presentation and review of RFQ responses: Tuesday, March 3
Contact Mike Reid, Economic Development Director at 360.753.8591 or firstname.lastname@example.org