Below are some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive in Utility Billing.
[expando.title]When is my pickup day?[/expando.title]
If you are looking for your garbage and recycling pickup day please visit our Garbage and Recycling Pick-Up Schedule page.
[expando.title]What methods of payment does the City of Olympia accept for utility bills?[/expando.title]
- Online: Pay on your account using your credit card. Just select Make Payment once you have accessed your account.
- By mail: We accept checks, money orders, and cashier's checks. Just use the return envelope provided. Please do not mail cash. We recommend mailing payments at least 7 business days before the due date.
- By phone: We accept debit (Visa and MasterCard) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover). Our automated phone system is available 24 hours a day by calling 360.753.8340, select option 1.
- In person: We accept checks, cash, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover), debit cards (Visa and MasterCard), cashier's checks and money orders.
[expando.title]Using a Credit Card to Pay? What you need to Know[/expando.title]
While the City offers the convenience of credit card payments, did you know that using credit and debit cards costs the Utility (and ratepayers) more to process than other payment options? If you want a convenient, paperless payment option, automatic payments through either the City or your bank - cost the utility - and you as the ratepayer, less.
[expando.title]What utility services does the City of Olympia provide?[/expando.title]
- We offer Drinking Water, Wastewater, Storm & Surface Water, and Garbage/Recycling utilities.
[expando.title]Where can I pay my City of Olympia utility bill?[/expando.title]
- Our online account inquiry and payment system allows access 24 hours a day.
- Our automated phone system is available 24 hours a day by calling 360.753.8340, select option 1.
- Mail your payment to us using the return envelope provided with your utility bill.
- Pay at one of our contracted pay station locations around town.
> Falcone Schwinn at 1906 Harrison Ave NW > PayCheck at 1905 4th Ave E., #A.
- Pay your bill in person at Olympia City Hall between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding recognized holidays. Olympia City Hall is located at 601 4th Ave E
[expando.title]How do I change my City of Olympia utility bill mailing addresses and other contact information?[/expando.title]
- Call Utility Billing at 360.753.8340 to change your address for your standard utility bill. For other Solid Waste services, such as dumpster and drop box accounts, please contact 360.753.8217 to change your mailing address.
[expando.title]How do I turn off the water service to my residence or business to make repairs or fix leaks?[/expando.title]
- Please contact Public Works at 360.753.8333 and we will arrange for your water to be turned off at the City's meter by trained personnel. Please do not attempt to turn off the water yourself. After Hours Disconnect/Reconnect Fees may apply.
- The City is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes leading to the meter from the municipal water supply. Water pipes from the water meter to the building are the responsibility of the property owner.
- The City offers a water leak adjustment that may help reduce water charges due to leaks. Repairs that correct the leak must be documented. Call Utility Billing at 360.753.8340 for more information.
Have Other Questions?
Contact us, we are here to help.
- Physical Address: City Hall - 601 4th Ave E Olympia
- Phone: 360.753.8340 (for customer service select "0")
- Washington State Relay Service for Hearing Impaired: 7-1-1 or 1.800.833.6384.
- Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Except City-recognized holidays
- Mailing Address: PO Box 7966, Olympia, WA 98507-7966