The Saturday Drop-off Site is Now Open
What is the Saturday Drop-off Site?
The City's Saturday Drop-off site is open from Spring to Fall to accept your scrap metal and recycling for free and yard waste for a small fee.
Location, Hours and Rates
What We Accept
Recyclables - Free
Yard Debris - Cost
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Plastic bottles, jugs, dairy tubs
- Plastic rigid flower pots
- Plastic buckets
- Glass bottles and jars
Scrap Metal - Free
- Brambles, brush & branches (up to 6"diameter)
- Clean lumber scraps (nails okay, no other metal)
- Garden trimmings, grass clippings & leaves
- Prunings & vines
- Sod (Remove as much dirt as possible, no mesh or netting)
We Cannot Accept...
- Car parts (whole removable parts only; doors, fenders, motors, etc.)
- Outdoor furniture
Important Metal Restrictions
- Beauty bark
- Dirt & rocks
- Kitchen waste & food
- Noxious weeds (ivy, blackberry vines, knapweed, tansy & gorse)
- Painted or treated lumber
- Dimensional lumber (cedar fencing, boards)
- Household tin cans
- Metal mixed with plastic or wood
- Paint cans
- Items containing hazardous fluid
All engines must be drained with pans off and filters removed.
All units containing fluids, such as oil, hydraulics, transmission fluids, gases, etc., must be properly drained.
Valve stems must be removed from cylinders and preferably a hole punched in the cylinders.
Any tank other than hot water tanks or water pressure tanks must have a large hole cut into each end of the tank for visual inspection.
All transmissions must be drained of fluid, pans off and no torque converter.
Need Another Option?
The following options are available to you when the drop-off site is closed: