I Want To...
Recognized Neighborhood Associations
The City of Olympia’s Comprehensive Plan allows for and encourages a grassroots process where local residents, businesses and community organizations work together in partnership with the City to help shape how neighborhoods grow and develop. This process, known as subarea planning, gives neighborhoods the chance to collaborate with the City to help shape their future development in alignment with neighborhood priorities while remaining consistent with the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Two subarea plans have been finalized and accepted by the City Council.
ONNA Subarea Plan
Eastside Subarea Plan
Map Your Neighborhood Program (MYN)
can help your neighborhood prepare by teaching you the 9 Steps to take Immediately Following a Disaster and helping to develop a Skills and Equipment Inventory, a Neighborhood Map and a Neighborhood Contact List.
Need Help Coordinating an Emergency Plan
? There's online help "Next Door" and from the
Want to organize a
neighborhood emergency food plan?
Neighborhoods and the Comprehensive Plan
- The Planning Commission is deliberating on the July draft of the Comprehensive Plan Update. Proposals include a new neighborhood planning program.
Olympia Council of Neighborhood Associations
- The City Council signed a
Memorandum of Understanding
with the CNA to improve neighborhood involvement in city planning and programs
Neighborhood Crime Mapping
- OPD is pleased to offer a new service that will let you see police activity that has occurred in your neighborhood on an easy to use Google-style map.
Graffiti Abatement Program
- Did you know the best defense against graffiti is prompt clean-up? Learn about the City's Graffiti Abatement
program and how it can help your neighborhood.
- Attend free presentations to get the inside scoop on City programs and learn ways to make our great neighborhoods even better!
How walkable is your neighborhood?
We often hear a lot of people saying that they desire walkable destinations in their neighborhoods. How do we achieve that? What would that look like? The conversation will continue as we update the Comprehensive Plan.
Share Resources within Your Neighborhood
Street Bank helps neighbors share resources with handy, online tools
Map & Listing of Recognized Neighborhood Associations
The City provides barricades and/or cones for street closures related to approved block parties.
- Directory of all recognized Neighborhood Associations.
Neighborhood Recognition Program
- The City of Olympia is committed to strong neighborhoods. The Neighborhood Recognition Program promotes communication between City government and neighborhoods, while providing specific benefits to participating neighborhoods.
Neighborhood Crossroads Program
This program encourages people to create a gathering space for their neighborhood. Check out the wonderful spaces that City neighborhoods have already created!
Neighborhood Speed Watch Program
- Volunteer to use the City's speed watch trailer and raise awareness in your neighborhood about traffic speeds.
4 Steps to Organize Your Neighborhood
- Advice for setting up the first Neighborhood Association meeting
Bylaws for your Organization
- What to include in your association's bylaws
Tools for Neighborhood Organizers
- How to have a great meeting!
How to Start a Neighborhood Tool Library
Urban Agriculture FAQ
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about urban farming, community gardens, and animals on your property.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Olympia provides assistance to beautify neighborhoods, improve housing, and foster sustainability.
Neighborhood Matching Grant
Neighborhood Matching Grant Guidelines
Neighborhood Matching Grant Application
Neighborhood Matching Grant Workshop Presentation
Submittal deadline is
5:00 p.m., Monday , March 22, 2021.
Questions? Please contact Lydia Moorehead at
Public Safety News and Notifications
- Check out the Police Department's News and Notification page for the latest crime reports, publications, and meeting notifications.
Home occupation information
Neighborhood Resource List
- Common neighborhood concerns and assistance
Residential historic design guidelines
Connect With Us