The Permit Center
Permit Center staff are available to help you every step of the way, so that your construction experience in the City of Olympia is a positive one.
Location: Olympia City Hall (2nd floor) 601 4th Avenue E, Olympia, WA 98501
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (except City-recognized holidays)
Contact: 360.753.8314 (M-F, 8-5) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms & Fee Schedules
All permitting, land use, civil engineering, and bond forms and fee schedules are now available in in the "Documents" section of our Online Permit Portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't find my permit application in the new Permit Portal. Where is it?
What does it cost to build a single-family home in Olympia?
How long does it take to get a building permit?
Only a limited selection of permit types are currently available for online submission/payment/issuance. Over the next year we will increase the number of permit types, with a goal of having all permits online by Summer 2018.
Permit applications for those not yet available for online submission can now be found in the Documents section of the Portal.
When are permit fees due?
Some simple permits can be issued the same day. Other permits can take up to:
- Single Family - 2 weeks
- Commercial Tenant Improvement - 3 to 4 weeks
- New Commercial - 60 to 90 days
How do I schedule Inspections?
Permit fees are due when the permit is issued. Projects requiring Plan Review are subject to a Plan Review fee of 65% of the permit fee that is due when you submit your application.
Inspections must now be scheduled through the Online Permit Portal.
Scheduling Requirements and Tips
- Please schedule inspections within the next five (5) business days. This reduces the need for cancelations and keeps inspections on schedule.
- You will need to set up a portal account using your specific access code provided. Once this code is entered, you will select the permit needing an inspection.
Can't find your access code? Call us at 360.753.8314.
- The online system allows you to choose AM or PM. If you need a more exact timeframe, please call 360.753.8314 at 8 a.m. on the morning of your inspection.
- You can view your scheduled inspections and get status updates in the Online Permit Portal.
Contact the Permit Center at 360.753.8314 or CPDinfo@ci.olympia.wa.us